Monday, November 4, 2019
Magazine Research - The Progressive
The Progressive is an activist magazine that promotes all kinds of protests and issues within its volumes. Its covers always seem to be some kind of figurative image, whether it be a political cartoon, or a semi-realistic photo like the one pictured above. The cover story is about how protesters have been arrested on terrorism charges for protesting against the construction of the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which would disrupt dozens of natural ecosystems and endanger numerous species. Other stories within this issue include "Why Being Poor is so Expensive?", "The Criminalization of the Peaceful Protest", and "Making the Sick Work for Their Healthcare". This magazine has been in print since 1909, and was founded by Senator Robert M. La Follette Sr. on the idea that it would document the plight of those resisting corruption and working to protect a representative government.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Submission
My final submission is not what I had hoped it would be, but due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I understand that things could be worse. If I ha...
-
I made A LOT of revisions for my third quarter submission. Under recommendation from my instructor, I changed the entire genre and theme of ...
-
How did your production skills develop throughout the process? My production skills developed immensely throughout the process of this mag...
-
I plan to interview people who feel they have been affected by reverse racism. Whether it be in the workplace, in public, or in private, I w...

No comments:
Post a Comment