Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Project Choice

I feel it is in my best interest that I create a magazine for my project. I have an excellent idea for a social activist magazine that I feel I could be particularly creative with, and am very confident in my photography and writing skills.
I plan to work alone on this project as almost no one I have spoken with is willing to join me in this endeavor, and I am perfectly fine with that. This type of magazine is not everyone's cup of tea, and I am quite surprised that this is the first thing that came to my mind. Nonetheless, I am excited to begin the process and hope that it will turn out as wonderful as I have it in my head.
I have always been rather curious and opinionated when it comes to social activism, and follow it quite regularly on social media. I feel that with some further research I can produce both a creative and accurate magazine for this project. My ideas will need extensive approval as a number of social issues I have thought of are quite sensitive, but I hope that my instructors will see the idea that I have and grant me permission to go forward. If not, there are a number of other, less racy ideas I can make work. However, social activism tends to be an uncomfortable subject, and to truly feel the brunt force of it, one may have to push boundaries of comfort to get their idea across.
My main challenge will be finding a topic for the magazine that will be both school appropriate and still considered "social activism", however I do believe that with the right negotiation and promises, I can make it work. I know how to handle certain topics with the delicacy needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

My final submission is not what I had hoped it would be, but due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I understand that things could be worse. If I ha...