How did your production skills develop throughout the process?
My production skills developed immensely throughout the process of this magazine. At first, I was quite unsure as to what I wanted my product to look like, and relied heavily on the drag and drop software of Canva. My photos were adequate at best, and did not look anything like I had pictured them in my head. I also was faced with an ethical and cultural challenge that I was originally blind to, and after feedback from my instructor I improved upon all of these facets.
I started by completely changing my magazine topic and theme, and learned more about the equipment I was using. I also watched a number of YouTube videos from Peter McKinnon for small bits of advice about photography, which helped improve my technique immensely. I also scheduled my shoots better, and used more models. I also used no models at all, and went to more locations.
I ditched Canva and opted for Microsoft Publisher instead. I am somewhat familiar with Publisher, but using it as my software definitely helped me become even more familiar with it. I also used Adobe Photoshop for my favorite photo, and also my main photo, and before this I had no experience with Photoshop.
Friday, April 17, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Submission
My final submission is not what I had hoped it would be, but due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I understand that things could be worse. If I ha...
-
I made A LOT of revisions for my third quarter submission. Under recommendation from my instructor, I changed the entire genre and theme of ...
-
How did your production skills develop throughout the process? My production skills developed immensely throughout the process of this mag...
-
I plan to interview people who feel they have been affected by reverse racism. Whether it be in the workplace, in public, or in private, I w...
No comments:
Post a Comment