Thursday, January 23, 2020

Use of Conventions

My midterm product, a social activist magazine entitled Riot, uses and challenges the conventions of its genre in numerous ways. Unfortunately, the way it challenges some conventions are close to blurring the lines of being socially acceptable.

There are few social activist magazines in production, but I attempted to produce one nonetheless. I researched the genres that were closest to mine, and already had an idea for something that I wanted to do. I used a number of conventions including photography techniques and editing to emphasize and highlight my subjects. However, with the connotations of my main article, it almost appears that my magazine was border lining on a racist theme, of which I was precisely trying to avoid.

With that, I plan on redoing my entire magazine. For my final submission, I will be producing a photography magazine, so I am able to showcase my photography and editing capabilities without having to be constricted by article connotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

My final submission is not what I had hoped it would be, but due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I understand that things could be worse. If I ha...