Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Magazine Research - Ms. Magazine

Ms. Magazine has been in circulation since 1972 and tackles a predominant social issue: feminism. While I plan on focusing on a broader range of social issues with my magazine, this is an excellent example of a specific issue with layers upon layers that can be discussed and highlighted. This issue again is very similar to most social activist magazines, in that it has a clear message in the cover photo with the relevant cover story title. There are only a few color within the scheme, and the mood that is provided is very grim, which matches the article titles listed on top of the magazine. This magazine does a very good job of getting their message across, and this is exactly the type of cover I would like to show for my magazine. I would want a picture with a message, a striking headline relevant to the photo, and a few other inside article titles. Minimal color, and no clickbait-type headlines. Something I've also noticed is that social activist magazines tend to have one-word titles that are powerful and really roll off the tongue. I've yet to come up with a title for my magazine, but I would also like a powerful title as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

My final submission is not what I had hoped it would be, but due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I understand that things could be worse. If I ha...